"Let's do what we love and a lot of it.. " Marc Jacobs




Saturday 5 December 2015

Too Faced - Le Grand Chateau

Bon Soir!




I am pleased to present to you all my thoughts on the new and absolutely adorable make up palettes from the brand 'Too Faced' and is a Christmas limited edition collection. This adorable little chateau opens to reveal three individual palettes that include 18 eyeshadows, two blushers, one bronzer and a oh so cute handbag size of the 'Better than Sex' mascara.

Each palette is beautifully designed to look like a little gift; wrapped in a bow and each palette reveals a theme that is tailored for a particular type of event. There is... 'a romantic evening in St. Tropez; a sunny day in Côte d'Azur and a stroll along the Seine at night' there is a palette suitable for all occasions or they can be gifted to loved ones as each palette has a little 'gift tag' on the back where you can write a special message if you choose to gift one to a fellow mademoiselle!.... On this occasion though... sorry my lovely friends! I am keeping them alllll! ahaha they are simply too cute to separate but I would definitely recommend purchasing one of these for a friend who loves make up and has a soft spot for all things French.. Like I do!

Now...... Lets have a look at the palettes!



 
 

The first palette is the evening theme one which has very sultry gorgeous eye shadow shades perfect for a night out,,, All carefully named in French words.. Some have a shimmery and almost glittery effect. The texture of these is perfect.. Not too powdery but enough coverage to give a lasting colour although I do always recommend to apply an eye primer before applying eye shadow. This palette is the most perfect one for a Christmas party night and the blusher which is called 'Tres Fab' truly is Fab! A subtle pink/peachy colour that is most suitable for my paler complexion to apply some nice highlighting on the cheeks for a winters night..





The second palette is 'a romantic evening in St.Tropez'...



This evening look palette has a range of golds and browns that all have a shimmery effect and can be built up to create a look perfect for St.Tropez.. Think golds... tan... bronzed.. gold jewellery... I think this palette would be perfect for a summer time look either for an evening or even a more dressed up day look if you happen to be oh so lucky to be sailing around on a luxury boat somewhere... !

The blusher in this one called 'Mademoiselle' is my favourite as it is bit more of a peachy colour and less pink. The texture of these blushers is only what I can describe as like... silk! They feel weightless on the skin and provide an even coverage.

Now.... For the last palette... Which has a more wider range of eye shadow colours... some browns/pinks/almost a very subtle lilac.. and a cream colour. This palette is the perfect combination for a bit of everything although more suitable for a day look but the colours could all be built up to create that smoky eyed finish. This palette has a bronzer instead a blusher and is called 'Jolie'. Now I am not the biggest fan of bronzer... Due to the nature of my pale complexion.. However it is still a lovely shade and that is the wonder of these palettes; that they have been designed with a range of all skin tones in mind.


I have never used 'Too Faced' products before however after making this first purchase I am sold! I will admit they aren't the most reasonably priced brand.. I purchased this brand from the 'Too Faced' website and was £36.. however the p&p price made the price up to something like £50. So quite expensive but it was being sent from the US. I have recently checked their website and it now looks to be sold out however I am sure there are other outlets on the internet to find this item although it has had a great deal of demand and popularity. I would assume a lot of people are buying this a Christmas gift or a pre-Christmas treat like me!










Oh I forgot to mention...! The set also comes with a cute mascara which I am very impressed with! The applicator is perfect for creating a lengthening look and provides a lot of volume! I think I will look into buying the full sized version of this..


I would give this product a big 9 out of 10! And I will definitely look into purchasing more Too Faced products!


 
Au Revoir mes amis! And stay 'Too Faced'!
 
Love Cheryl xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment