"Let's do what we love and a lot of it.. " Marc Jacobs




Tuesday 19 July 2016

First ever Moi-Meme box - The Adventure edition



Bonjour mes amis!

I hope you are all well and this month I am back to share with you a brand new subscription box that has just launched and is called Moi-meme. This box is a bit unlike normal monthly subscription boxes in that this one is a quarterly box so every 3 months subscribers will receive a box filled with a selection of jewellery, accessories, beauty products, stationery, homeware and other surprises. Moi-meme is based in Bath, UK and source their items from independent, high quality brands. This box certainly brings something a little new to the table and steers away from the standard "beauty" boxes that are highly popular now; delivering mostly make up and beauty items. However this box incorporates a lot of different products into one and is quite a unique thing happening right now. This is an aspect that gripped my attention and I am sure a lot of other people will be just as intrigued.






































Beautifully present in a large, white box with a lifting lid that is attached; this box will be perfect for storing things and could be displayed pleasantly in the home as it is quite minimalist in its design.


Upon lifting the lid I was pleasantly surprised to see a lovely sticker attached to the inner lid with my name on it. This is a unique and special little touch which makes you really feel like a lot of time and care went into creating these boxes. When you sign up for this box you fill in a short questionnaire that allows you to detail some of your favourite things like; colours, items you would like to see appear in the box, etc.



On opening the box I was delighted to see that the box has a theme (although I did see a little spoiler on instagram about this...) The theme of this box is adventure and quite suitably apt for July and the summer when a lot of people are away off on holidays.



So now on to the actual items in the box...! The first item I picked out was a gorgeous flamingo printed pink scarf. There were 3 different scarfs available; one in a Peacock print and one in an Aztec print. I am happy with the design I got as I love flamingos, I love wearing scarfs and it also has a multi use of being used a sarong if you're going to be by a beach somewhere. This scarf retails at £12 and is by the brand Lisa Angel. Lisa Angel is a brand that has grown into a multi-million pound business from 11 years ago when it started out in local craft fairs; this brand designs: jewellery, accessories, homeware and gifts.




The next item was another item to feature by Lisa Angel and is a Slim Wrap and Beads bracelet.


I was delighted that I received the rose gold version as I prefer this to silver. The bracelet wraps around you wrist three times to create a lovely, simple look for summer and I will most definitely be wearing this a lot. I really think the grey and rose gold colours match well. This bracelet retails for £8.

 
 
The next item I had a look at was contained within a little canvas bag that says Laurige France on it. I have not heard of this brand before however; the little accompanying magazine gives details on all the brands and tells us that it is a French company crafting leather accessories since 1950. Laurige was listed in France as a "Living Heritage Company" for its skill in bookbinding and leather crafts. Upon opening the little canvas bag; I found a fuchsia coloured leather passport holder complete with a little clear sleeve and a pocket for your boarding pass. Now if you have read my last post from My Little Box I also received a passport cover in that box so definitely a theme running here..... I like that this one is rather simple and plain and I am happy with the colour selected for me. I think I will use this one for more sophisticated city breaks and the MLB one more for beach holidays and places in the sun as it is certainly more playful and fun.
 
 

 
 This passport cover certainly reflects its price of £20 as it is genuine leather and feels expensive unlike other passports covers that are synthetically made.

The next item to catch my eye and probably my favourite item in the box was........ THIS!...........


The item is Moi-meme's very own Travel journal and is intended to be used as a place to "write down memories of your favourite trips, collect ticket stubs and postcards from places you've visited and plan your next adventure." This journal is beautifully personalised with a fabric cover with your name on it and what is even more clever is that once you fill the journal up you can transfer the cover over to a brand new book. Moi-meme will be stocking these in their online shop as well as other full products.
 
 
This journal retails for £20 and I personally love the uniqueness of every journal as everyone has their own personal one with their name on it. I do like to collect bits and pieces and souvenirs from my travels so this will be a perfect place to store them. It will be great to look back on all the holidays and places I have visited.
 
The final two items which were of a beauty nature was a body butter and body polish. Created by an organic producer named "Evolve" these very simplistic designed products just scream organic. There's no fancy labels or anything like that here... Just simply all natural organic ingredients. Evolve produce organic and all natural skin, body and hair products. Yet again a brand I have not tried so I will be excited to try!
 
 
 




Moi-meme have selected one full size product which is the Tropical Blossom Body Butter and this smells divine with Tahitian Monoi and Shea Butter. Simply massage onto body to reveal silky smooth skin. I received a 120 ml size of this product.

The smaller travel size item I received at 30 ml was the body polish which again has Tahitian monoi and organic sugar. This item does not contain any synthetic micro beads for the polishing effect but simply natural sugar extracts. It says to "gently combine with water to turn the clear balm into a creamy milk that rinses away clean, leaving skin smooth, soft and fragranced with exotic natural hibiscus." This retails at £4 for 30 ml. I love both body butters and polishes so will definitely give these a try and anything organic has to be good right?

So.. that's it for the Moi-meme box let's re-cap on what we got... there was the Scarf, the bracelet, the passport holder, the journal and the body butter/polish. A good mix of items in there and I am delighted with what I received... If however.. I wanted to change a few of the items on account of the colour not suiting or the sizing then Moi-meme are happy enough to exchange the product to your preferred option which I think is a really excellent idea.

The cost of this quarterly subscription is £44.99 which I don't think is too steep given that it is a box you receive every 3 months so that is the equivalent of paying £14.99 for a monthly subscription box which I am sure a lot of people do. Plus the contents of the box total up to around £84 which is a win-win situation really.

I am most looking forward to the October edition and will be intrigued by what theme it brings as well as the hand picked artisan items. I think moi-meme are on to something great here and if they keep up the success of this box then its sure to be a soaring success in the "box" world. Great Work Moi-Meme!

Favourite item: Travel Journal/bracelet
Least Favourite item: Passport holder
Marks out of 10: Neuf... (That's a 9) lol!


Thank you all for reading and if you received Moi-meme what did you think of it?

If you wish to sign up for a box here is the link to their site. http://www.moi-meme.co.uk/

Lots of Love!
A Bisous!

Cheryl x

No comments:

Post a Comment